Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The "Super-Mega-Oh-My-Celestia-What-Was-I-Thinking?!" Lot Has Arrived




Well, actually, I bought multiple lots from the same seller, not just one big lot.

I don't even know where to begin...

40.5 Pounds of Ponies and Dolls! 
The "Little" Box

The BIG Box

How does one eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.  Let's start with the Disney and Barbie Dolls...
Image "Borrowed" from Auction Listing
When I first saw this lot I wondered why there were so many Cinderella dolls in one listing.  Then...I noticed Undersea Party Ariel.  Then I had my "omg" moment when I saw the lot included Mal from the new Disney Descendants line.  Next to Mal is a re-dressed Disney Store Wedding Rapunzel doll (whaaaaaat?)  Had to have the lot.  I couldn't pass it up.  One:  I love the 90's Little Mermaid dolls from Tyco.  Two: Mal.  Need Mal.  Three: Punzie totally a cool bonus.

The last lot of dolls that I won just happened to have Punzie's tiara included (from a Mattel release).  Also, one of the older Mattel Cinderella dolls had a really cool wedding dress.  Movie accurate?  No.  Super cute?  Yes!  I like to think that Punzie is having her "Say Yes to the Dress" moment.  She loves the look, but it's not the one.


So Lovely!

Mal!  I really can't believe someone already decided to discard this doll!  She is complete, too!  Well, okay, she's missing some sort of book accessory (I haven't seen the movie), but her outfit is complete.  I can't wait to find more of these dolls! Edit: I have since realized Mal is missing a plastic clip-on collar for her jacket?  Also, there is a new YouTube webseries "Wicked World" that features cartoon versions of the Descendants cast.  The animation style is the same as the doll design.


"Ever After...What?"


My lovely Undersea Party Ariel doll!  She is missing her hair bow.  Luckily the corsage accessory looks exactly the same as the hair bow (minus two ribbons).


Gee, Ariel, you're looking kinda stiff...you might want to relax.

Now, I didn't notice this lovely when I saw the auction online.  I'm not a huge fan of this particular dress, which is much darker in person.  I'm not entirely sure if I'll be adding this doll to my collection, but I will enjoy her for a little while.
2012 Disney Store 12" Cinderella


Last, but not least, is another treasure - a lovely vintage dress:
Tammy modeling her new dress...more info on Tammy to come!

I have so much sorting and cleaning to do.  Stay tuned for more updates!










No comments:

Post a Comment