Sunday, May 10, 2015

Church Sale Finds

It's a new blog!

I wanted a place where I could record my toy finds.  I frequently shop at thrift stores, flea markets, and various rummage sales.

I collect a number of different types of toys.  I also find many items that I purchase with the sole purpose of re-homing.


Yesterday, I attended the first sale of the season at a local church.  When I was a child, the church held an annual Country Fair.  The main attraction of the fair was a huge rummage sale.  A few years ago, the church could no longer organize the fair.  It took an immense amount of time, energy, and money to plan the fair.  Instead, they decided to hold a monthly rummage sale during the summer months.

Monthly sale instead of annually?  Yes, please!


The sales were instantly a hit for the church.  The sales still take time and energy to plan, but there is very little money involved.  I would say they spend no money to hold these events, but they have a small concessions stand selling hot dogs and drinks.  Bargain hunters need to eat!


The first sale is always the best sale.  None of the items from the prior year are left over.  Everything is new.  Nothing has been picked over.  It is a toy hunter's dream!

The sale was short on vintage toys, unfortunately, but it did not disappoint!



Church Sale Finds from 5/9/2015

  • MIB Monster High 13 Wishes Clawdeen.  Box was severely damaged, so I popped it in the recycling bin.
  • Pippi Longstocking doll
  • Vintage Sunshine Family Dad doll
  • Calico Critters Carry & Play Case
  • Calico Critters Baby Discovery Forest
  • Calico Critters Hawthorne Hamster Family: Mom, Dad, and naked child.
  • Calico Critters Sister Crystal from the Buttercup Cat Twins set
  • Marvel Super Hero Squad Polaris figure
  • Two Hello Kitty figures
  • Pony in My Pocket "Champion"
  • Vintage Gargoyles Broadway figure from Burger King
  • Vintage Strawberry Shortcake shoe (couldn't find the other one!)
  • Modern Strawberry Shortcake mini doll with accessories
  • G3 My Little Pony Morning Monarch
  • G3 My Little Pony Bloomin' Blossom Shop counter
  • 8" Madame Alexander doll
  • Vintage TMNT Donatello
  • Schleich Peacock
  • Unidentified horse saddle and blanket - perhaps Barbie?
  • Unidentified plastic tray and half of a snap-on sweater




No comments:

Post a Comment