Saturday, May 16, 2015

Barbie Bonanza!

To thrift, or not to thrift?  Wait, is that even a question?  Thrift!  Thrift always!  Thrift often!

I had a number of errands to run today, but was able to squeeze in a trip to a Goodwill between getting groceries and running to the bank.

I am so glad I stopped.  Someone donated a huge collection of Barbie dolls ranging from the 70's to late 80's.  I am not a Barbie expert.  I dug my way through the dolls and bought the ones that were in good condition, had near complete outfits, or looked interesting.  I also found a few clones!  Oh, and let's not forget 11" Bandai Sailor Moon and Sailor Mars!  Animated Storyteller Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Sweetie also found their way into my shopping basket.

Goodwill Finds from 5/16/2015


Identifying these dolls took nearly all of my dolly detective skills.  Thanks to Google and eBay, I was able to ID nearly every doll!

  • Unidentified Clone (Cherie by Totsy?  Twistee by Totsy? Peggy Ann Clone?) in Vintage 1969 Twist N' Turn Frankie's Swimsuit 
  • Unidentified Clone in Handmade Knitted Violet Mohair Dress (Peggy Ann Clone?)
  • Unidentified Sindy Clone in Unknown (Barbie?) Outfit
  • Unidentified Clone (Similar to Coppertone Candi)
  • Heart Family Bathtime Fun Dad (No shoes. No baby) - 1986
  • Barbie and the Rockers Ken (No Smaller Accessories: No socks.  No shoes,) - 1987 
  • Jewel Secrets Ken (No Smaller Accessories: No Jewel Box, Socks, Shoes, or Brush,) - 1986
  • Unidentified Black My First Barbie (?)
  • Island Fun Miko (I think I have the seahorse comb around here somewhere...) - 1987
  • Island Fun Steven (Complete!) - 1987
  • Astronaut Barbie (Spacesuit Only) - 1985
  • Sun Lovin' Malibu Barbie (No Glasses, "B" Fell Off Suit Bottom.  No Beach Bag.) - 1979
  • Sun Lovin' Malibu Skipper (No Beach Bag.) - 1979
  • Sunsational Malibu PJ (No Sunglasses.) - 1981
  • Black Barbie (Not the 2009 Reproduction!!  Missing One Earring. No Shoes.) - 1980
  • Peaches 'n Cream Barbie (Not the 2009 Reproduction!  Missing Shoes.) - 1985
  • Great Shape Barbie (No Smaller Accessories.  No shoes.) - 1984
  • My First Barbie (Missing Smaller Accessories, Including Blue Skirt and Shoes) -1980
  • Unknown Barbie in Pink Swimsuit
  • Unknown Barbie in Fuzzy Yellow Sweatsuit (Most Likely Not a Barbie Outfit).
  • Swan Princess Dress (from the Odette and Friends Set) - 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment