Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday Surprises

I was having trouble falling asleep last night.  After two hours of lying in bed, I decided to surf the web.  I browsed over 100 pages of toys and dolls on ShopGoodwill.com until I started to feel sleepy.

I found this lovely auction that ended this morning.  I was surprised to learn that I won!  I have been looking for an affordable (less than $30) Fashion Style Apple Jack since last summer!    I was surprised again when I learned that they shipped my items shortly after I sent payment (it normally takes a few days). I'll be re-homing the other ponies as soon as my package arrives.

Fisher-Price Little People Horses vs. Ponies: Which Team Will Win?

My favorite thrift store offers 50% and 33% discounts on certain colors on Sunday and Monday.  Because of this, I normally don't shop on these days.  You would think that this would be the perfect time to shop.  Nope.  Normally all of the toys I prefer to buy are gone..  Cleared out by moms, collectors, and antique dealers.  I prefer to shop mid-week, when there are no special offers.  It's as if all of the toys are there just for me.  However, I am in need of some "new" clothes, so I decided to take a chance and paid the store a visit.

I didn't find any clothes, but I did get a few toys:

Thrift Store Finds 5/18/2015

  • Disney Store 12" Classic Belle Doll (Circa 2009 - Nude)
  • Disney Store 12" Classic Rapunzel Doll (2010 First Release - Barbie Outfit)
  • Mini Lala Loopsy Spinning Ferris Wheel
  • Vintage Strawberry Shortcake Berry Bake Shoppe
Sometimes amazing coincidences happen.  This weekend I picked up a box of toys that contained a strange accessory (I was planning to blog about the loot before posting this entry, but this is just too good not to share).  It looked like a brown bucket.  I was planning to photograph it and post on various toy message boards to see if anyone knew where it came from.  Didn't get around to it.

The Accessory in Question

I did a Google search to see which accessories came with the Berry Bake Shoppe and found this picture:

Taken from Wendolonia.com - Best Site for Bento Box Ideas!(and Strawberry Shortcake info, lol)

See it?  It's the pot!  This is just too much of a coincidence that I found the Berry Bake Shoppe building today!  Now I just have to keep an eye out for all of those other accessories...this might take me a few years to put it all together!

On my way home, I decided to stop at another thrift store.  It is my least favorite store...but I was hoping to find some clothes.  Nope.  Everything was old and ugly.  I took a spin around the bric-a-brac, the toys, the furniture...and that's where I saw it.  The most amazing lamp EVER!  I heard a little voice in my head, "You could always use more light."  Then another voice said "You will never find a lamp like this again!"  I checked the price.  $3.  $3?!  Heck, yeah.  New lamp!

I can't find any information online about this lamp, but I know it's mid-century modern vintage (60's? 70's?) and made by a company called Heyco.  The plastic has discolored in a way that, fortunately, still looks good. Love, love, love my new lamp!

Mid-Century Modern Heyco Globe Lamp



No comments:

Post a Comment