Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It Feels Good to Be Home

I have been away from home for the last nine days!  It feels so good to be home!

I have been in my Grandma's house helping to clear away clutter for over a week.  Most of my time was spent helping my mom sort through a gigantic pile of old papers and family photos.

I did find a small treasure hiding in a box of junk: Enchanted Isle Lady Lovely Locks!  Many years ago, I received two of these dolls as a birthday present.  I kept one for myself and gave the spare to my cousin.  For years, this doll has been sitting in my Grandma's house.  The last time I saw the doll, it was complete and still resting on it's original backcard!  It "disappeared" at least six years ago.

While helping my aunt clear away clutter from my Grandma's crafting room, I found LLL!  She was hiding in an empty Christmas card box!  VDS has plagued her legs, her shoes have been lost, and she is missing her hair ribbon and pink fish pixie tail.

The doll was about to be thrown into a trash bag, when I asked my aunt if my cousin (i.e. her daughter) would want the doll.  She told me that my cousin had no interest in the doll and I could have it.

Amazing.

Welcome Home, Lady Lovely Locks!  Things Have Changed These Past 26 Years...

I did a little shopping while I was away.  I found Photo Finish at Ross and Fashion Style Sunset Shimmer at Walmart (Sunset Shimmer has not made it to my local store).

Photo Finish and Sunset Shimmer

Photo Finish is staying in her box for a while, but I just had to play with Sunset Shimmer!


So Much Bling!!!!!


Ah!  So Pretty!


I purchased a copy of a vintage storybook on eBay that my Grandpa used to read to me: The Five Busy Bears.  It originally belonged to my uncle and has seen many years of use.  I found the original copy in the house while we were cleaning.  It had crayon scribblings on the title page and a large corner torn out from one of the pages.  I have very fond memories of my Grandpa reading this book to me and my cousins.  In fact, I found a family photo of us with the book resting on the coffee table!

Although I would have loved to own the original copy from my childhood, I was able to find a copy on eBay that is in lovely condition.  It was waiting for me when I got home last night.

[photo coming soon!]

There was another package also waiting for me: the lot of ponies I won from ShopGoodwill.com!  Fashion Style Apple Jack is here!  She is in perfect condition!


Apple Jack, Welcome to the Herd!

I can't wait to get back into the swing of things.  I can hear the siren song of the thrift stores...



No comments:

Post a Comment