Saturday, September 12, 2015

My New Gremlin

I bought a gremlin today.

At least I think it's a gremlin.

I have absolutely no information on where this creature came from.  I bought it today at a church sale.  On the top of it's head was a hand written sticker with a number that was most likely an ID from a multi-vendor antiques mall.  It had a price of $30.  It had another sticker that the church volunteers added: $10.  Because it's the end of the rummage sale season, it was half price.  I could not leave the gremlin behind and happily handed over my $5.

There are no markings or stamps.  The gremlin is a jar and the top of it's head comes off.  I can position the lid so that the inside lip of the jar looks like the gremlin's teeth.

The gremlin, as you can see, is red with big monkey-like ears.  It has five fingers on each hand, as well as five toes on each foot.  The gremlin has what looks like a red beard.  The red covers the top of it's head and extendeds in a red stripe along it's back.  The gremlin has a stubby tail.

The gremlin is a very smooth and lightweight.  I'm not an expert on china or porcelain, but I once had a similar figurine marked "bone china," so I am assuming that the gremlin is also bone china.

I took lots of pictures of this interesting creature.  If you have any information on this thing, please comment!  I would love to learn more!










No comments:

Post a Comment