Sunday, July 12, 2015

It's Been a While!

Time has passed since my last post.  I've been busy with other aspects of being a human and put blogging about my toy finds on hold.

I dare to go as far as to say that I lost interest in the blog!  I just didn't have the time to photograph my finds and talk about them.

Programming is now back to it's original schedule.  So, what did I find since I last posted?

June 5th:
  • Twilight's Twinkling Balloon!  It works, too!  One of my favorite G4 items.  I already have one, so it will be up for sale/trade.  It's missing the door, but that doesn't matter since it still looks great on display without the door.  It's also missing the telescope.
  • Madame Alexander Wendykin: Laurie from Little Women.  Only missing his shoes.
June 11th:
  • Three Ziplock (gallon size) bags Filled with Barbie Clothes.  Nearly all of the outfits are from Disney dolls that were released by Mattel in the early/mid 90's.  So excited about this since I was missing a few pieces of clothing for dolls I already owned.
  • Hunchback of Notre Dame Pheobus Coll - incomplete, but looks great!
  • Nude Scary Spice Doll - well, she came with Pheobus...
  • Two Liv Dolls with Complete Outfits
  • Fakie Barbie Doll
  • Mattel "basic" Ballerina Cinderella Doll
June 17th:
  • MIB Silken Flame Barbie - a reproduction Barbie released in the late 90's.  The box had a lot of damage, so I removed her for display.  I kept the artwork from the back of the box.  I have a tendency to do that for all the dolls I don't keep MIB ^_^
  • Vintage Mini Schnauzer Ceramic Figure - I don't normally buy random ceramic figures.  This little guy just happened to be in the toy aisle of the thrift store.  So cute.  I mean...REALLY STINKIN' CUTE.  I need to get a picture of him so you can see the cuteness.  I figure he's from the 50's or 60's.  I noticed once I got home that he had the tip of his tail re-glued, but whoever did it must have been an expert.  All you can see is the faintest of a hairline crack.  He's currently next to Silken Flame Babs.  Not the right scale, but I love they way they look together.
  • Miniature Monsters University Figures PLUS Role-a-Scare Monsters with Cars - I'll be honest:  I only wanted the Role-a-Scare Monsters (Sully and Randall) because they're so cute in their little cars.  I also have a "thing" for Zoobles and these are exactly like Zoobles.  Once I got home and sorted through the bag of Monsters, I realized I had all but three of the MU mini figs (Walmart exclusives apparently).  I have no where to display them, so maybe I'll be trading them?
  • Old Dolls - I always buy any old dolls when I visit a particular pay-by-the pound thrift store.  Some are old walker style dolls from Uneeda (poor condition), a very cute Effanbee doll (I forget which mold), and Chatty Cathy!  Cathy speaks jibberish and needs a makeover.  In fact, all of the dolls except for the Effanbee doll need help.  I don't have the time, so I'll probably offer them for free to someone.  Chatty Cathy will be popping up on eBay soon.
  • Vintage Doll Clothes - a few outfits including a lovely hand knitted robe/wrap dress for a 12" doll.  Oh!  And Ariel's "Kiss the Girl" dress from a 90's Tyco doll.  I just happened to have a nude Disney Store Classic 12" Ariel who was nude.  The dress fits her!  It's a little short, but I don't mind.  I also searched through the box of Babie shoes I picked up and found a pair of black pumps (no flats, unfortunately).  She looks very darling and was quite pleased that I decided to hoard Barbie shoes for moments like this.
Silken Flame Barbie
Vintage Ceramic Schnauzer



June 26th 
  • Calico Critters Baby Windmill Playhouse - I struggled on whether or not to buy it because the lower portion of the sliding board was broken off.  It was $3, so I ended up bringing it home.  It still is very cute for display purposes.  Plus I still have that Nursery Tree and Carrying Case I found two months ago.  Maybe an eBay lot in the future?  Side note:  would you believe that I found two Townhouses in one month?  Didn't buy either since they were $15 & $20.  I don't have the room and re-selling larger items on eBay is quite a hassle on my part.  I also found a Calico Critters Playtable (you see them at boutique stores for display purposes) for $5!  Again, I left it behind because: hassle/no room.  I don't know why I'm seeing so much Calico Critter stuff after years of never finding ANYTHING.  Where are the figures, though?  Hmmm...
  • Disney Store Fairies Raini Doll-  Love love love this particular release of Fairies dolls, but I already own a complete Raini!  This one was only $1 and came with her dress and shoes (wings are broken, unfortunately).  She's so darling and I know I can find a new home for her.  Plus, there is probably someone just like me hunting for her dress or shoes.  Couldn't leave her behind!
  • Vintage 1974 Tennis Champion Dusty Doll - Oh, Dusty.  Such a strange doll.  I love and hate her at the same time.  She was also $1 and came with her outfit plus cute shoes from one of the Dusty Fashion Packs (they're white wedge sandals).  Not sure what I'm going to do with her.  Too nice to customize.  Perhaps a trade at some point?
  • Full Size Lalaloopsy Pet- Harmony B. Sharp's cat.  Totally trading this.
June 27th
  • Vintage Record of Disney Songs performed by Louis Armstrong - Of course, when I got home, I learned that this album was on Spotify!  *facepalm*  It's in perfect condition, but I think I'll be re-donating. 
  • Vintage MOTU Snake Mountain.  Missing a bunch of parts, but the basic shell of the playset with snake and rat voice changer look good.  No idea if the voice changer still works since I don't have batteries for it.
  • Duchess Swan - Eeee!  The second time I've found her in-store.  The first time I was beyond my doll budget.  This time?  Well, I am still beyond my doll budget, but I really wanted this doll.  Still have her MIB in case of buyer's remorse (don't judge, lol)!

Yesterday
  • Ghoulia Yelp's Scooter - Popped into Ross last night to check out what they had in the toy aisle.  I saw Thronecoming Apple & Blondie for $13.99, as well as Signature C.A. Cupid for $10.99 (steals!)  Also saw the flipping Rainbow Dash for $13.99 and a Rainbow Rocks EQG Pinkie for $13.99.  MLP Pinkie Pop with Sugar Cube Corner for $9.99...but then I saw the scooter for $11.99!!!!!  I nearly bought a used one in poor condition for $7 at a Goodwill not too long ago.  I would lovelovelove to walk into Tuesday Morning or Ross one of these days and find the TRU doll-scooter set.  But, hey, I'll take what I can get!

Today
  • Dead Tired Draculaura - Missing slippers.  Adding to my collection.
  • Coffin Bean Clawdeen - Missing apron.  Already own one, so she's headed to eBay!
  • Dot Dead Gorgeous Ghoulia - Missing glasses, purse, and had her hair styled by a butcher.  She's still a looker, though!  Adding her to my collection until I a) find a replacement, b) want to try my hand at rehairing a doll, or c) need a body for another doll.
  • Monchhichi Doll - I can't pass these up.  Love them!  Buuuuut, heading to eBay.
  • Scamp - I'm pretty sure this little guy is vintage.  I just don't know how vintage.  Disney Parks exclusive  Mint condition, too!  Well, except for the tush tag, which had a tear through it.
  •  Cheshire Cat - I bought this to accompany my "Before Once Upon a Time" Alice.  Disney Parks exclusive.  Mint condition.
  • TY Fluttershy - I found Twilight & Pinkie at the same store!  Achievement unlocked: 1/2 of the Mane Six in TY form.
  • Glim'R Doll - Missing shoes and necklace.  Okay, so there was a direct-release Barbie movie called "A Fashion Fairtale" and there were three "Flairies."  Fairies with flairs for fashion.  Yes, that is me you hear gagging.  I mean, c'mon!  Ugh.  Anway, she was packaged with Clawdeen so I had to bring her home...and now I like her *headdesk*  I mean, she's very Monster High-ish despite her character's sexist and saccharine sweet backstory.  There was a purple one at the thrift store, too.  However the other flairy was coupled with a a doll I didn't want at a price that was too high.
  • GUND Lamb Plush - It was included with Cheshire.  It's brand new.  I plan on gifting it someone (shhh, don't tell them I found it at a thrift!)
  • Aurora Horse Plush - Included with Scamp.  Either being traded or re-donated.  Not keeping beyond 30 days (that's my limit for "junk" when I run out of storage/display space)..

Finds from 7/11 & 7/12/2015
Phew!  That's a lot of stuff!  I may come back and add pictures to this entry.  Then again, I may not.  We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment