Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I Buy Practical Things, Too...Sometimes

Quick stop at the thrift today.  I told myself going in that I was going to stay under $20.  That didn't happen, but at least I'm happy!

I don't have the time or energy to ID/date everything, but let me share what I found:

  • Cast Metal Mirror.  I don't know how else to describe it.  It's a lovely mirror with a three dimensional sculpture of a dogwood tree branch in bloom with two butterflies perched at the ends.  Spectacular frame, even if the mirror isn't all that special (and, yes, that is a reflection of my "Pony Power" shirt).  I debated a long while if I should get it.  It didn't get weird until I started talking to myself, "You love it and you can use it.  Do it! Buy it!"
  • Scaris Abbey Bominable Doll w/ Ghoul Spirit Venus's shoes.  Couldn't resist bringing her home. - 2013
  • Barbie.  Such a pretty doll!  She was in a bag with Abbey.  She still has all of the plastic ties and rubber bands attached to her, so I guess she was never played with. -2000's
  • Sofia the First Doll.  I'm a little confused by this doll.  She looks exactly like the talking dolls I've come across in the past, except she doesn't talk!  No "magic" necklace, no speakers. Hmmm...
  • TY Beanie Bear.
  • TY Twilight Sparkle
  • Breyer Dapples/Pony with English Tack. - 2005
  • Breyer Running Foal
  • Breyer UNKNOWN
  • Safari Plastic Horse
  • Disney Princess Foal
  • Francis Plush from Disney's Oliver and Company.  - 1987
  • LOTS of My Little Pony Stickers!  I finally have some to put on my outgoing pony packages.  I am thrilled. - 2015
  • Razors!  I always swing by the aisle with cosmetic items hoping to find new stuff (...because used personal items is just weird).  I really lucked out because a bag with two new razors (a Mach 3 & Venus Embrace) was hiding in the toy aisle!  I was in desperate need of new cartridges, but was trying to put off buying them because I'm a cheapskate.  I am doubly thrilled!

Thrift Store Finds from 8/5/2015

I forgot to mention in my last post a few finds:

Thrift Store Finds from 7/24/2015


  • Blue Furby - 2003
  • Nightmare Before Christmas Sally Action Figure - 2005
  • Corpse Bride Action Figure - 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment